Thursday 11 February 2016

Spud Shack - Round Two

My first time at Spud Shack was back in August 2014; I got the royal chance to be invited to Spud Shack Fry Co. in Downtown New Westminster. Dan, the head chef / owner / master poutine-guy, allowed me to sample some of the best items on his menu. I had the Effin' Good Burger, the Night Market Poutine, and some great craft beers in a food + beer pairing post.

A couple of weeks ago, I visited Spud Shack with some co-workers and got a few snapshots of our poutines before we wolfed them down.

My co-worker Robyn got the Night Market Poutine (as per my "skilled" recommendation). She said she loves Kimchi, and probably stopped listening after I mentioned it. As far as I can tell, it looks just as delicious as it did in 2014.

Night Market Poutine @ Spud Shack Fry Co.
New Westminster, BC
Photo: Brewji

As for myself, I got the Butter Chicken Poutine. Now, I've had the version from New York Fries, which I was moderately impressed with, and on the same level sickened with. However, this medium at Spud Shack had my foodie-senses tingling. I could smell the sauce, and the presentation was just beautiful.


Butter Chicken Poutine @ Spud Shack Fry Co.
New Westminster, BC
Photo: Brewji

On first bite, I'm immediately struck with a *real* butter chicken sauce. This seems like it was actually made from scratch. Heck, it's better than half the Indian restaurants' butter chicken sauces in the city! It's got such a rich, vibrant taste, with an albeit humble appearance. Dan, you rocked it again.

I give Spud Shack Fry Co. a poutine-revolution 9.0 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment